HOME Rinderort Lighthouse
Rinderort Lighthouse in Zalivino Settlement
On 28 August 2020, Rinderort, the historic lighthouse in Zalivino settlement (Kaliningrad region), was handed over to the Museum of the World Ocean upon the decision of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation.
The lighthouse in Zalivino is one of the three surviving prewar sister-lighthouses in the Kaliningrad region. It started operating in 1868. Initially, this was a kerosene lamp with a lens mounted at a 12-metre wooden bar. In 1908, a 15.3-metre brick lighthouse was built. There are also a spiral stone staircase, a copper roof and a light keeper’s house. Today, the lighthouse doesn’t work.
Today, this is a complex of buildings occupying a common territory.
The complex comprises the following:
• a lighthouse with a brick tower and a spiral stone staircase;
• a plastered brick light keeper’s house with built-in engineering and service premises;
• a metal navigation mast;
• a brick well;
• a moorage and a natural rustic stone bulkhead;
• green territory and fruit trees.