HOME The Planet Ocean Centre Project
The Planet Ocean «Centre Project»!
A building of Planet Ocean will make the museum a unique scientific-research complex that preserves and presents Knowledge of the Ocean.
The architectural concept of the centre consists of geometric figures: a sphere and a cube. The expositional building has a spherical form that corresponds the form of the Earth. The museum depository and pavillions of the Naval Centre and Educational Centre have a cubic form associated with the unit of measurement of the Ocean.
• The Planet Ocean expositional building and the OCEANiA educational centre
• Water Cube Naval Centre
• Museum depository and Depth exposition
• Development of project documentation (2012-2013)
• Construction (2013-2016)
• Creation of the exposition (2017-2018)
Location – historical centre of Kaliningrad-Koenigsberg.
Square - 8 214 m2
The architectural concept was developed by O.Romanov Architectural Studio (Saint-Petersburg, 2011)
The working design was performed by Design Office of Tall and Subsurface Structures OJSC (A. Panfyorov, Director General, Saint-Petersburg, 2012)
The project is financed by Culture of Russia Federal Target Programme 2012-2018
The Planet Ocean Exposition Building
Concept of the exposition
The modern research vessel named Planet Ocean travels round the globe to discover, explore and preserve the World Ocean and to answer the question: what can humankind hope for today?
• houses maritime collections acquired in expedition
• finds, studies and presents the newest information about the Ocean
• laboratories of the Earth, Life, Water, Air, Space and Beauty are located aboard
Exploratorium is the main way to present expositions
Expedition crews on the Planet Ocean ship will get to know everything about the Ocean: receive on-line data about the planet, traverse huge seawater aquariums, visit the observatory and cinema planetarium, take part in interactive lessons and touch most of the exhibits!
Laboratories = exposition sections
A member of the expedition = visitor
The Planet Monitor = guide
An expedition = guided-tour
Cabins = exhibition rooms
A mess room = café
Bosun’s store = Souvenir shop
A saloon = conference hall
• Science park
• Amber Sea lounge
• Yacht moorage
• Naval parades square
Water Cube pavilion
• printing office
• collections of tools and equipment
• undersea findings
OCEANiA educational centre is aimed at educational development, one of the most dynamic and promising museum projects. The centre will bring together all aspects of the museum. There will be class-rooms, play rooms, laboratories and a conference-hall.
• fleet history and sea traditions
• shipbuilding, navigation and ship engineering
• sailing and rowing sports
• undersea heritage and restoration of archeological findings
• laboratory of the Earth
• laboratory of Life
• laboratory of Aquariums
• laboratory of Water and Air
• laboratory of Space
• laboratory of Atom
• laboratory of Beauty
• lessons in expositional laboratories and other museum objects
• research and practice conferences, exhibitions and festivals
• research and exploration expeditions and navigation
• plein-airs in Science Park and along the Baltic Sea coast
• virtual maritime museum and The World Ocean elibrary, observatory and cinema planetarium
You can take part in construction of the new building of Museum of the World Ocean by making a donation. The museum will be grateful to you for your help and will award you a membership in the Friends of the Museum Club, along with a number of special privileges! Moreover your name will be included in the list of thosepersonally thanked.A deposit into a special museum account can be completed by payment order. Please find bank details and payment order templates here..