- Last Updated on Thursday, 18 September 2014 08:10
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 August 2014 11:38
Museum of the World Ocean invites everyone to join the action A White Ship.
The legendary ship Vityaz united once countries and continents by conducting ocean exploration and making great discoveries. It was a ship of Peace and Friendship, renowned, loved and welcome guest all over the world.
Today Museum of the World Ocean launches action A White Ship that is intended to unite everyone who opposes military activities and calls for peace on our planet.
Starting 1st of August guests of Museum of the World Ocean can get or even make with their own hands a small paper ship. It will come to one’s home as a symbol of peace. The more is our “fleet”, the louder will be the call for Good, mutual Understanding and Peace!
In the year of World War I centenary let’s say “NO!” to wars on planet Earth.* It will be all-Russian and international action.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 18 September 2014 12:37
- Last Updated on Thursday, 10 July 2014 12:28
Competition for sea- and ship- laces!
1. The photo competition is devoted to the jubilee dates of the scientific-research vessel Vityaz. The deadline is September 3, 2014. The results will be announced on September 13, 2014 on Water Assembly festival.
2. The second photo competition is devoted to the sea. It can be the Baltic Sea, the Black Sea, the Mediterranean Sea, any sea actually. The most important is to show what has amazed you most of all. Winners will be announced on September 25, on World Maritime Day.
Please, bring your works to guided-tour organizer. They will be displayed in the Main building, in the hall, and visitors can vote for the best picture. Printed pictures should be of 20*30, high quality, contain author’s first and family names, city and country, contact information.
And you can post your works on the museum pages Vkontakte and Facebook.
Winners get prizes!
Please, take the following requirements into account:
1. TIFF or JPEG
2. A file should be at least 2000px of a larger side.
Photographs should be accompanied by the following:
- Author’s first and family names
- City, country
- Name of your photo
- Short description (one sentence)
- Horizontal pictures are preferable (for our web-site)
- Last Updated on Thursday, 10 July 2014 12:11
The scientific-research vessel Vityaz, one of the main symbols of Kaliningrad, celebrates anniversary of the moorage at the museum quay on the City’s Day. This day the legendary scientific ship will show the history of creation of Museum of the World Ocean in the pictures and the modern graphic works and art will tell about the ship’s discoveries. The installation in the mess-room will move you into the Mariana Trench and show deep-water inhabitants. Live music on the deck, cosy tables outside and tasty drinks are organized specially 11:00, and the exhibition opening is going to take place at 14:00 on the ship’s deck. Moreover, young guests can jump on a trampoline.
Today Vityaz is not only the main exhibit but she is a ship that started the museum, the only complex maritime museum in Russia, she is a legendary ship that untied peoples of different countries and continents during the post-war period. Her history is an absorbing book. Its pages are devoted to amazing ship’s fortune that rescued refugees from Koenigsberg, discovered the Mariana Trench and new type of animals, revealed saury and survived 11 years of neglect.
You will get to know about her reborn and the great work on Vityaz restoration. Today Vityaz is in service again as one of the main sights of the Amber Land. Millions of visitors have walked on her decks and visited her expositions during 20 years. Vityaz revealed them the secrets of ocean depths, Russian expeditions and Polar research.
Kaliningrad citizens and guests are welcome to celebrate the anniversary guest who visits Vityaz on July 12 gets a small keepsake. The holiday starts at together on July 12!