- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 June 2019 16:11
In early March, the Museum of the World Ocean and the Kaliningrad Branch of the Union of Architects of the Russian Federation with participation of the Union of Architects of the Russian Federation announced an open competition with an international participation for an architectural concept of reconstruction and further use of the old railway bridge at the territory of the Museum of the World Ocean as an integral part of the Science Park.
Soon, on June 6, the Jury starts summing up and on June 7 they are announcing the winners. By the present moment, over 10 projects have been submitted both from Russia and abroad. The results are going to be presented to the general public in early June – the works will be displayed at the main museum building in Kaliningrad.
Moreover, on June 6 at 4 pm at the Congress Hall it is possible to meet one of the participants of the competition – Ms. Stanislava Bošković, Director of the AS Office in Switzerland. The meeting is devoted to the projects submitted for the competition. We are sure, guests are interested in having a talk about development perspectives of cities with a practise architect from Europe. Probably, the conversation will result in new intriguing ideas which can be implemented in Kaliningrad.
1. Armin Mohsen Daneshgar. Director of Daneshgar Architects in Vienna, Austria; PhD Architecture, teacher at the TU Wien, leader of the Architecture Programme at the Webster Vienna Private University.
2. Vyacheslav Genne. Architecture Advisor to the Governor of Kaliningrad Oblast.
3. René van Zuuk. Director of René van Zuuk Architects (Netherlands).
4. Irina Korob’ina. Russian observer of architecture, Candidate of Sciences, Member of the International Academy of Architecture, Honourable Member of the Russian Academy of Arts.
5. Viktor Logvinov. Honoured Architect of the Russian Federation, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Architecture and Construction Sciences, Member the International Academy of Architecture, President of the Union of Moscow Architects.
6. Svetlana Sivkova. Director General of the Museum of the World Ocean, Honoured Worker of Culture of the Russian Federation, Presidium Member of the Union of Russian Museums, President of the Maritime Heritage of Russia Association, Deputy Chairperson of the Interdepartmental Committee for Maritime Heritage of the Maritime Board under the Government of the Russian Federation, State Prize Winner.
7. Pyotr Chernenko. Chairperson of the Kaliningrad Branch of the Union of Architects of the Russian Federation. Member of the Union of Architects of the Russian Federation. Leading architect at the Nikor Proekt Bureau.
8. Andrei Chernikhov. Director of Andrey Chernikhov Architecture and Design Studio, founder of Iakov Chernikhov International Foundation (ICIF), founder of the prize for young architects (Challenge of the Time). Professor at the International Academy of Architecture (IAA), First Vice President of the International Academy of Architecture in Moscow, Member of the Union of Architects of the Russian Federation and the Union of Designers of the Russian Federation.
Media partner: www.archi.ru